With social distancing and voluntary self-isolation becoming more common, we at Caking Mad want to help you! If you are social distancing, phone or email us with your requirements. We will pack your order, finalise payment and have the items packed and ready to go. Then come down in your car to the car park, let us know when you have arrived, and we will bring your items out to you! We can also arrange postage direct to your door.
If you are coming into our store please help us reduce the spread of this virus and do not unnecessarily touch stock that you are not intending on buying, and ask our staff for assistance if you are unwell in any way.
We have hand sanitiser on our counter for your convenience and encourage you to use it when entering the shop. We will also be doing this of course.
If you have a child that is unwell please consider if it is essential to bring them into the shop. We understand it’s hard to tell kids not to touch stuff at the best of times! Please remember we are a food business and we are doing what we can to minimize the spread of this virus.
With these measures happening in our community, it will be even more important to celebrate those birthdays, anniversaries or other special occasions. Please use this time to be creative at home, practise your caking and continue to enjoy celebrating important events at home with your loved ones.
At this current time we will be operating as normal.
With regard to your future cake orders, our terms and conditions are there for a reason however we are aware that there may be changes to planned family gatherings and events. If you have concerns about your future orders please contact us to discuss.
As restrictions are easing, we are excited to let you know that some classes can begin again at Caking Mad in an altered format.
We will be strictly following all COVID-19 Government requirements to ensure you can learn in a safe environment. To meet these requirements we are taking the following precautions:
- Student numbers will be limited to ensure we meet the 1 person per 2sqm rulings and other social distancing requirements
- There will be limited shared equipment during classes
- There are limits on the number of customers allowed in the retail space
- Customers are encouraged to sanitise hands upon entering the store, and most importantly, please stay home if you are feeling sick
- Customers will not be allowed to use shared common areas, such as the tea and coffee station (sorry!)
- Contactless payments are encouraged
- As always, we will be keeping a record of attendance for contact tracing requirements
By booking your place in this class you agree that in the 2 weeks prior to the class date you:
- Have not travelled overseas or interstate
- Have not been in contact with a known Coronavirus case
- Have not experienced any flu-like symptoms including coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat or fatigue
We are carefully monitoring the situation. The most important thing is to make sure we return to teaching classes in a safe environment.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.